IESM Learning Outcomes
1. Teach students to define, diagnose, and solve real-life problems from an industrial engineering and systems perspective and within a multi-disciplinary, enterprise-wide context.
2. Foster the appreciation for further education and lifelong learning for continued professional development.
3. Develop strong communication skills both within and outside the field.
4. Nurture the professional values of leadership, integrity, judgment, and teamwork.
IESM program learning outcomes
1. (1.1) Collect data and be able to interpret, analyze and draw appropriate conclusions.
2. (1.2) Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems through the techniques, skills and modern tools of Industrial Engineering.
3. (1.3) Consider alternatives and make a decision based on a proper engineering/scientific/business justification.
4. (2.1) Identify and evaluate existing research thoroughly and systematically which is relevant to a problem or topic of inquiry.
5. (2.2) Cultivate the disposition to discover and learn new material on his/her own, including the ability to conduct independent research.
6. (3.1) Produce and deliver professional written and oral presentations, and effectively communicate with specialists and non-specialists.
7. (3.2) Act as a exponent of ethical, innovative and responsible engineering.
8. (4.1) Exhibit teamwork skills and be able to assume a leadership role, including in multi-disciplinary team environments.
9. (4.2) Understand the impact of engineering components, processes or systems in an economic, environmental and societal context.
|IESM 300 Probability Theory||x||x||x|
|IESM 310 Engineering Statistics||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 340 Engineering Economics||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 301 Analysis and Design of Data Systems||x||x||x|
|IESM 320 Operations Research 1||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 321 Operations Research 2||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 331 Production Systems Analysis||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 311 Quality Assurance and Management||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 330 Simulation of Industrial Engineering Systems||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 315 Design and Analysis of Experiments||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 350 Alternative Energy||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 351 Engineering Green Buildings||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 352 Decision Making Tools for Energy Use and Generation||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 360 Computer-Aided Design||x||x||x|
|IESM 361 Computer-Aided Manufacturing||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 362 Advanced CAD/CAM Applications||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 395 Capstone Preparation||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 396 Capstone: Thesis||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 397 Capstone: Project||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|IESM 390 Integrative Project in Modern Production Methods||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|