CAD/CAM lab started functioning with the acquisition of the MSHAK CNC milling machine in 1999. During the next 2-3 years it was equipped with desktop CNC lathe, computers, printing devices, and acquired advanced CAD/CAM software such as Pro/ENGINEER, SolidWorks, and SURFCAM. Starting from 2001, the Lab is a place where CSE students spend the practical part of their CAD/CAM courses. In 2005 a new, purely practical course – Advanced CAD/CAM Applications, added in the CSE curriculum, during which students were fulfilling joint projects with local enterprises and foreign collaborators. Among our partners have been Arqell cjsc, ARMENOTOR cjsc, Olympia Tools, United Testing Laboratory, AMA Compressor LLC, GlassWorld Company, Hay Cola, Impulse-A cjsc, Florida State University, NI Armenia, Spayka LLC, YSU – CANDLE project. In 2010, the Lab acquired new CNC machine tool – HAAS Super Mini Mill, which allows to accomplish more advanced projects.
- Setup of the Remote Lab in the framework of the Erasmus + project Industrial Cooperation and Creative Engineering Education based on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation – ICo-op.
- Participation in the 11th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation – REV2014, Porto – Portugal, 26-28 February, 2014
- Participation in the ICo-op project conference Perspectives of University – Enterprise Cooperation, Bilbao – Spain, 7-9 October, 2015
- Collaboration with Harvard Medical School
- Public lecture: Design and Fabrication of Orthopedic Short Intramedullary Nail System: Collaborative Project with Harvard Medical School, 18 April, 2017
- The University won ASHA grant, some equipment of which will be the part of the CAD/CAM Lab
- The projects done in the CAD/CAM laboratory and the EPIC prototyping lab were represented in DigiTec Expo 2018.
Directions for current and near future research
- Remote training
- Reverse engineering
- Rapid prototyping
- Vacuum casting
- Laser cutting
- Implant design and fabrication
- AutoCAD 2000: Practical Guide” 2004, Yerevan
- “The Perspective of Introduction and Application of Modern Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing Technologies in Medicine”, Bulletin of Stomatology and Maxillo-Facial Surgery, 2005, 2: 31-35.
- “Integrating Design and Manufacturing Tools into Ilmenau Interactive Hybrid Online Lab”, REV2014 Conference 26 – 28 February 2014, Porto, Portugal
||United Testing Laboratory|
||United Testing Laboratory|
||AMA Compressor LLC|
||Florida State University – Keuka Wind, Florida|
||Florida State University|
||YSU – CANDLE project|
- Design and Mockup fabrication of a Green House with Innovative Materials (jointly with ARMBAS cjsc)
- Intramedullary Nailing with the Proximal Femoral Nail Antirotation (Jointly with Harvard Medical School)
CAD/CAM Lab Director, Lecturer, Program Chair, Team leader
Facilities Engineer in EPIC
Student, MS in Industrial Engineering and Systems Management